Jubilee Ecotourism Expo
February 4, 2017 | 11 am - 5 pm | Jupiter Community Center | Multi-Purpose Gym
Jupiter, and the north county area, is rich in ecotourism opportunities; hiking, kayaking, canoeing, stand up paddle boarding, horseback riding trails, bird watching, trial bicycling, etc. Come visit with local vendors, rain or shine, at the Jupiter Jubilee Ecotourism Expo located inside the Jupiter Community Center. Discover the hidden natural treasures just minutes away from home!
In addition, register for over $800 worth of raffle prizes at participating vendor booths. Just follow the smell of popcorn into the Jupiter Community Center Multi-Purpose Gym and discover ecotourism opportunities for all ages and abilities! Hope to see you on February 4, 2017 from 11 AM-5 PM.
Why should you visit the Jupiter Jubilee Ecotourism Expo?
The number of Palm Beach County residents reporting poor mental health days is increasing, and 12% of the county’s kids ages 5 and younger are receiving mental health treatment. Studies show that physical activity and interacting with nature can help combat mental health issues like depression, anxiety and low self-esteem. The Office of Public Engagement created this 60-second public service announcement to raise awareness of the mental health benefits of visiting our parks and natural areas. The video includes original artwork and animation created by intern Carlos Duenas, Jr. with a voice over by Public Relations Specialist Bibi Baksh. Link to Palm Beach County video
Thank you to our 2017 Vendors!
- Blueline Paddle & Surf Co. | Activities for the water enthusiast of all ages
Booth Raffle Prize: Free One Week of Summer Camp ($255 Value)
- Busch Wildlife Sanctuary | BWS is a non-profit organization dedicated to the protection and conservation of Florida’s wildlife and natural resources. Visit with live animals today!
- John D. MacArthur Beach State Park | This 325 acre park with nearly 2 miles of coastline, is the only State Park in Palm Beach County and is considered an "Island In Time," preserving the lush and diverse subtropical coastal habitats that once covered southeast Florida.
- Jonathan Dickinson State Park | This 10,500 acre park is located just north of Jupiter, and teems with wildlife in 13 natural communities, over 140 species of birds, two family campgrounds, 7.8 miles of shared trails for hikers, bicyclists and equestrian users.
Booth Raffle Prize: Free Boat Tour and 12 entries into the park ($40 Value)
- Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and Museum | Preserving Jupiter's Lighthouse & History
Booth Raffle Prize: A gift basket of Lighthouse goodies from the Museum store. ($80 Value)
- Town of Jupiter Ecotourism & The Jupiter Waterway Trail
Booth Raffle Prize: A youth kayak & padde ($120 Value) & youth mountain bike courtesy of J-Town Bikes ($250)
- Loggerhead Marinelife Center | Support conservation efforts on threatened & endangered sea turtles
- Loxahatchee River District | Dedicated to preserving the Loxahatchee River and its natural habitats
- Northeast Everglades Trails Association (NETA) | Promotes and organizes multiuse trail events
- The River Center | Promotes stewardship of the Loxahatchee River thru education
- Riverbend Park | The cornerstone for ecotourism activities in Jupiter
- Taras Oceanographic Foundation | Support dolphin research and adopt a dolphin today
Booth Raffle Prize: Book and Dolphin Club Membership ($100 Value)