AARP Tax Aide
February - April, 2023
9:00 AM-12:00 PM
Mondays & Wednesdays Only
Jupiter Community Center, 200 Military Trail
- No Appointments Accepted - Walk in only
- No Tax Preparation, Community Center Closed, President’s Day
The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Program announces the opening of the 2023 tax season for the preparation of 2022 tax returns.
Free tax preparation services will be provided to eligible taxpayers at the above days, times, and location.
Please note the following:
- All Taxpayers, Volunteers, and anyone trying to access tax services must wear a face mask properly worn [covering mouth and nose areas] and observe social distancing at all times.
- Taxpayers who have received covid-19 immunization or can show evidence of a negative test result within three days of arrival at the JCC will have access to the inside taxpayer waiting area. Unvaccinated taxpayers will need to use Jupiter Community Center provided outside seating similar to last year.
- Any tax returns with capital gains and losses including but not limited to securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc.) won’t be prepared until after March 1st. Capital gains and losses are often shown on broker statements from financial institutions. This also includes tax returns with a sale of a residence.
- We will prepare tax returns with itemized deductions after March 1st and if time permits. Taxpayers will need to complete the tax site itemized deduction worksheets and bring their completed worksheets to their tax appointment.
- Self-employed taxpayers filing Schedule C will need to complete and bring to the tax site the self-employed worksheets to their tax appointment.
- Amended returns will not be prepared until after March 28th provided the original tax return was prepared and filed at the Jupiter Community Center site with a filing date of at least three weeks.
- Before arriving at the tax site please read "How AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Can Help You Today" and carefully follow the Taxpayer Site Guidelines.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is available free to taxpayers with low to moderate income, with special attention to those 60 and older. Through a cadre of trained volunteers, AARP Tax-Aide has helped nearly 50 million low to moderate income taxpayers for more than 40 years in every state and the District of Columbia.
Tax Aide Website: http://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/aarp_taxaide/ Opens in New Window Opens in New Window
Opens a New Window. What you may need: https://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/info-01-2011/important-tax-documents.html
E-mail: email@example.com Opens a New Window.
For alternate locations Opens in New Window and tax questions please contact AARP directly at 888-687-2277 or visit their website Opens a New Window. . **Please DO NOT call the Community Center to make an appointment or to ask tax questions.**