Brightline (All Aboard Florida)
As part of the Brightline expansion of its high-speed rail project from West Palm Beach to Orlando, there will be a number of railroad construction projects impacting the Jupiter area in the upcoming weeks and months.
- Loxahatchee River Railroad Bridge (ALT A1A)
- The train tracks adjacent to the Loxahatchee River Bridge (located along Alternate A1A near Sawfish Bay Park) will undergo significant reconstruction for reinforcement as part of the Brightline expansion.
Visit our roads & projects webpage for a listing on what roads are being impacted and when.
For project-related construction updates in the Jupiter area, visit GoBrightline Construction Webpage and select Palm Beach County from the drop-down list. Please direct questions and comments to Katie Mitzner with Virgin Trains at 407-502-3587 or email@example.com.
Brightline Trains LLC, is a privately owned, operated and maintained passenger rail system brought forward by All Aboard Florida. All Aboard Florida is part of Florida East Coast Industries Opens a New Window. , the parent company of operations in real estate, transportation and infrastructure.
Brightline currently provides service connecting Miami to Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, with plans currently underway to provide service to Orlando at the South Terminal of Orlando International Airport.
Local governments along the corridor - such as Jupiter - have been working with regional planning councils, elected officials and each other to understand all of the impacts of the project to connect West Palm Beach to Orlando. In addition, Jupiter is advocating that, as the project moves forward, it should only do so in a form that prioritizes public safety and quality of life issues.
Brightline / Virgin Trains Information Session
On Monday, October 14th, 2019 representatives for Brightline/Virgin Trains held an open public information session in the Jupiter Community Center to discuss the upcoming construction of the new railway, impacts, railroad bridge, and potential time frames. A question and answer session was also held. View the video below of that session.
History of Jupiter’s Actions and Position on High-Speed Passenger Rail
The Jupiter Town Council has taken several actions and positions with respect to the safety and quality of life concerns raised over Brightline’s proposal to continue its project north of West Palm Beach.
In June, 2015 the Council submitted a letter to the Florida Development Finance Corporation (FDFC) regarding the issuance of bonds to fund the All Aboard Florida project. Read it here. Just prior, on Monday, June 1, 2015 the Council hosted a workshop with All Aboard Florida and the Florida East Coast Railway regarding the plan for a proposed passenger rail service connecting Miami to Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Orlando.
The purpose of the workshop was to have AAF and FEC representatives address questions from the Town Council regarding the proposed project, its design, and how safety and infrastructure concerns are being addressed. The format of this workshop was question and answer between the Jupiter Town Council and representatives from AAF and FEC. Public is welcome; however, there is no public comment section on the workshop agenda.
Town Council prepared and sent a list of questions to AAF for the June 1st workshop.
- Click here to view the prepared questions.
- Click here to view the presentation by AAF in Powerpoint and in PDF format.
- Click here to listen to the audio of the workshop.
The Town also provided comments on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) published by the Federal Railroad Administration. Read the letter and view the attachments here.
Jupiter residents are urged to stay up-to-date on Brightline’s proposal, and contact their State and Federal lawmakers with any concerns (click here for government links and resources). In addition, the following links may be helpful to read about and understand more about the AAF proposal.
- Letter from the Jupiter Town Council to Patrick Murphy regarding All Aboard Florida Opens in New Window.
- Town of Jupiter Resolution 47-14 Opens in New Window, passed July 1, 2014.
- Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council’s informational webpage on All Aboard Florida Opens in New Window.
- All Aboard Florida website Opens in New Window
- Opens in New WindowFederal Railroad Administration websiteOpens in New Window Opens in New Wi Opens in New Windowin New Window
- Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) Opens in New Window: The DEIS contains information on the purpose and need for the project, the considered alternatives, descriptions of those alternatives and an evaluation of the environmental consequences of the project. Between October 27, 2014 and November 13, 2014, eight public workshops were held by the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) to discuss the DEIS and gather public input.