New Business Registration Information

Quick Guide

Out of Town Contractors pulling permits, no need to register with our office! When you apply for your permit simply include your general liability, workmen's comp and contractor certifications with the permit documentation.  You can find a guide to help with the application process on the Building Departments page.

Please review this list before applying for your new Business Tax Receipt:

  1. Location
    Before leasing space, call the Town of Jupiter Planning and Zoning Department (561-741-2323) to determine if the site you have selected for your business is located in the correct zoning district.
  2. Special Licenses 
    Obtain required certification for your profession or business. For example: Restaurant approval from the Florida State Division of Hotels & Restaurants; professional licenses from the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulations; attorney's bar card from the American Bar Association; contractor certification from the Florida State Construction Industry Licensing Board, etc. Not sure if you need a license then please visit the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation for guidance.
  3. Articles of Incorporation or Fictitious Name
    File for articles of Incorporation or fictitious name registration if the business will be operated under a name that is not a corporation or person's legal name at
  4. Building Permits 
    A permit and plans are required before any interior or exterior alterations, construction, electrical, or plumbing work is commenced.
  5. Sign Permits 
    Sign permits are required through Planning and Zoning before erecting or changing any signs.  

What documents do I need to include with my Business Tax Receipt application?

  1. Drivers licenses
  2. Articles of Incorporation or Fictitious Name
  3. EIN or Social Security Number
  4. Specialized licenses, certification or registrations
  5. Commercial Spaces need an approved PBC Fire inspection 561-531-3521 or email
  6. Food Establishments need approved grease trap inspection from the Loxahatchee River District 561-747-5700 Ext.110  

State or County License/Registration/Certification
If the type of business is regulated by a state or county agency, you must include documentation indicating compliance. These agencies may include:

  1. Department of Business and Professional Regulation
    (850) 487-1395. Most professions and contractors.
  2. Palm Beach County Contractors Certification Division
    (561) 233-5525. Contractors without state certification.
  3. Palm Beach County Health Department
    (561) 840-4500. Child care facilities.
  4. Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
    (800) 435-7352. Food outlets, auto repair, travel agencies, telemarketers, health/dance studios.
  5. Florida Department of Health
    (850) 488-0595. Health care professionals, doctors, therapists.
  6. Florida Office of Financial Regulation.
    Banks, finance companies, securities brokers.
  7. Florida Division of Hotels & Restaurants.
    Restaurants, mobile food operators, hotels, motels.

Please review the Town of Jupiter Code of Ordinances