- Town Clerk
- Boards & Committees
- Art Committee
- Invitation to Artists & Photographers
Call to Artists
Town of Jupiter Art Committee • 200 Military Trail, Jupiter, FL 33458 • 561-741-2524
Call to Authors and Artists for April 14 “Awe Inspiring Art & Authors” Event at the Town of Jupiter Art Gallery (Community Center)
The Town of Jupiter Art Committee is seeking submissions for its upcoming exhibition: “Awe-Inspiring Art & Authors.” We are also looking for area authors interested in participating in book signings Friday, April 14 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Deadline to Apply: March 30
Selection of work will be made by April 3
Drop off of work takes place April 10 or 11 between 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Pick up after exhibition ending takes place May 22.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application
What: “Awe-Inspiring Art & Authors” will feature 2D art (drawing, painting, photography, prints, mixed media, etc.) which is inspired by literature, authors or tied to literature in some way. All art will be hung by the Art Committee members in the Community Center Art Gallery located at 200 Military Trail, Jupiter.
The event also includes an opening night reception featuring local authors’ meet-and-greet book signing. Selected authors’ books will be on display in the gallery case with signage directing patrons to on-line purchases of the books. This exhibition will run from April 14 – May 22, 2023.
Who can apply: Any artist or author can submit an application to display and participate; however, Jupiter artists and authors (living and working within the Jupiter area) will be given preference.
Submissions for all 2D (drawing, painting, photography, prints, mixed media, etc.) are hung by the Art Committee members. The gallery area consists of two (2) hallways (one short and one long) on the south side of the Jupiter Community Center Building located at the address listed above; it is directly across (West) from the Town Hall building. We use a ceiling track and hanging rod system. The art is hung on a hook or a tray attached to the rod.
Submissions for all authors will include a link to the published work, ISBN and author bio.
Members of the Town of Jupiter Art Committee will review all applications, make the decisions on what will be displayed, and contact those artists that have been selected to exhibit their work.
Artwork is chosen based on quality, appropriateness, appeal, and availability. You may submit as many pieces as you would like. Keep in mind that they all may not be selected.
Application packet should include (in addition to the application) – a typed list of each piece (including: Title, Date Created, Size and Media, Price or NFS) and photo of the piece (300 dpi) JPEG files. Authors need only title, date created, blurb and ISBN.
Artwork chosen for exhibit, when brought in for display, must be labeled with name of artist, title of work and contact info (phone, email or website info). Prices or NFS will be included on the display label created by the Art Committee.
- All purchase and sale negotiations are to be directly conducted between artist and client. The Town of Jupiter Art Committee does not take any commissions for artwork sold.
- Artwork chosen for exhibit should be available for the full length of the exhibition time. If an artist needs to remove a piece before the timeframe is completed, it should be noted on the Artist Application form, if possible. The artist must contact Satu Oksanen, Art Committee liaison, at 561-741 2524, to make arrangements.
- The Town of Jupiter does not provide any insurance for an artist’s work on display. If the artist feels necessary, he/she is encouraged to provide insurance for the artwork.
- By signing the Artist Application, the artist grants the Town of Jupiter Art Committee permission to reproduce images of accepted artwork for promotion of its exhibition.
The Exhibition opening for “Awe-Inspiring Art & Authors” takes place April 14 from 6 pm to 8:30 p.m. We are looking for authors interested in book signings, short readings and meet-and-greets during the reception.