Little Free Libraries - Stewards
The Town has sought neighborhood stewards who act as caretakers and assist with ensuring our Little Free Libraries (LFL) remain stocked with appropriate materials, promote the LFL and make sure it is clean and inviting. LFL Stewards engage friends and neighbors so that every single person who comes in contact with your LFL feels like it’s THEIR Little Free Library & comes to care for it as much as you do.
✓ Do you enjoy reading several books a month?
✓ Are you friendly with some of your neighbors?
✓ Would you consider yourself creative?
✓ Would you like to share your love of reading with your neighbors?
If you answered yes to any of these questions you too could one day help serve as a steward for the Town’s Little Free Libraries program. We currently have volunteers for each neighborhood where a LFL is located and more. Please see the information listed below.
|Current Steward Volunteers|
|Abacoa Community Park||Amber Christemail@example.com|
|Eastview Manor Pocket Park||...|
|Indian Creek - Eco Island Park||Ben Klugfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jupiter River Estates Pocket Park||...|
|Pine Gardens North - Daly Park||Teri Groomsemail@example.com|
|Pine Gardens South - |
Officer Bruce St. Laurent Park
|Town wide volunteer steward||Barbara Goranssonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Town wide volunteer steward||Elaine Snyderemail@example.com|
|Town wide volunteer steward||Joe & Carol Serwnafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Town wide volunteer steward||Judie Wilcox||wilcoxJB@aol.com|
Steward responsibilities include:
- Checking on your library daily to ensure it is tidy, well-stocked with appropriate materials and free of vandalism
- Restocking library with books from the Jupiter Community Center donation center
- Assisting the Town of Jupiter with sorting book donations as needed
- Spreading the word about your library throughout your neighborhood and encouraging residents to take part in the “take a book, leave a book” practice
- Reporting any library issues to the Town of Jupiter
- Networking with other Stewards to learn what works in their neighborhoods
- You can find more information "Just for Stewards" here
Steward Orientation & Information:
Our first steward orientation was held on Dec. 4, 2018. Thank you for attending and if you missed it please feel free to continue to participate in the program and attend any future steward events. Any future steward event information will be published here.