Coronavirus Announcements, Monday, March 23
Town of Jupiter Services to Remain Available; Facilities to Close to In-person Business at 5pm Today
At 5pm today, the Town of Jupiter will close lobbies and facilities to in-person public business. This includes the Town Hall lobby, Community Center facility, and the Police Department lobby. Non-essential employees will not be reporting to work until further notice. Essential employees will continue to provide government services via phone and electronic means. Law enforcement will continue to operate as normal, as will water plant operations.
Due to a malware incident, several of the Town’s online systems are currently unavailable, including email. The Town has a response and recovery plan in place, and is working diligently to bring systems back online. The Town will continue to address service requests and urgent issues via phone, and its website is operational. Residents and customers who have urgent needs may contact one of the following numbers to get assistance:
- Town Hall main number (8am-5pm): (561) 746-5134
- Police non-emergency (24 hours): (561) 799-4445 (please dial 9-1-1 for emergencies)
- Utilities customer service (8am-5pm): (561) 741-2300
- Utilities after-hours emergencies (after 5pm): (561) 741-2609
- Building Department (inspections, permits, etc.; 8am-5pm): (561) 741-2286
- Engineering Department (8am-5pm): (561) 741-2467
- Public Works Department (8am-5pm): (561) 748-2730
- Police administrative offices (8am-5pm): (561) 746-6201
- Business Tax Receipts (8am-5pm); (561) 741-2318
- Recreation Department (8am-5pm): (561)741-2400
- Planning & Zoning Department (8am-5pm): (561) 741-2323
- Town Clerk’s Office (8am-5pm): (561) 741-2352
Other updates on Town operations and facilities include:
- Beaches are closed to public use by order of the Governor.
- Sandbars are closed to public use.
- Boat ramps and marinas are closed to recreational use by order of Palm Beach County.
- Town parks are currently open, but with the following reminders and restrictions:
- The Jupiter Skate Park will be operating with a maximum capacity of 10 participants. No new participants will be allowed. All participants must have previously completed a liability waiver for 2020.
- While parks are currently open, restroom facilities will no longer be available at the following Town of Jupiter parks due to low inventory and lack of availability of sanitary supplies. Please plan accordingly when visiting these Town parks:
- Cinquez Park
- Jupiter Village Park
- Lighthouse Park
- Maplewood Park
- Sawfish Bay Park
- Abacoa Community Park (next to Skate Park) – limited availability
- Jupiter Community Park (first floor of softball quad building) – limited availability
- Summer Camp registrations are suspended until further notice for both residents and non-residents. This includes youth day camp, teen camp, sport camps and specialty camps. The Town will continue to monitor Palm Beach County School District plans and state and local agencies to determine if and when registration will resume.
- Scheduled waste collection services through Waste Management are operating normally. However, effective March 18, 2020, Waste Management temporarily closed their residential call centers. Customers may still get assistance through email and live chat at www.wm.com.
We appreciate the community’s support during this unprecedented occurrence, and will continue to assess the situation regularly and publish updates on service availability via email, on our website and social media sites.