COVID19 Beaches and Parks
Beginning Monday, May 18, Palm Beach County authorized the re-opening of beaches and beachfront parks. Residents will notice signage along the Jupiter beachfront alerting them to guidelines and rules for visiting the beach.
Enjoy the beach responsibly, and follow the rules and guidelines below to keep our beaches open:
- Limit groups and gatherings to 10 or less.
- Maintain social distancing to keep 6 feet between parties.
- Properly dispose of trash to avoid unsanitary conditions.
Law enforcement and public safety will be on patrol to ensure compliance with safety guidelines
Over the weekend, Palm Beach County and Governor DeSantis issued additional re-opening orders and guidelines for parks, recreation facilities and businesses (click here for a listing of executive orders). In line with those orders and guidelines, the Town of Jupiter has re-opened a number of parks and facilities, including Cinquez Park Dog Park. Other Town parks and natural areas were opened under previous orders, and continue to operate in accordance with CDC guidelines for social distancing and will be monitored and enforced by Town staff. Please call the Jupiter Police Department Non-Emergency number at (561)799-4445 for instances of non-compliance.
Family Use Hours Rules & Regulations will apply at those parks with athletic amenities; some fields and amenities may not be available due to maintenance, CDC guidelines and the guidelines listed in the Executive Order. All other park rules and regulations remain in effect.
- Abacoa Community Park
- Jupiter Skate Park, by reservation only for participants with a valid skate park membership and at a maximum of 10 participants in each 90-minute session.
- These temporary restrictions, hours, and sessions will be in place until further notice. User limits, rules, updated session times, and additional information can be found at www.jupiter.fl.us/skatepark. Please call (561) 630-5684 during operating hours with questions or to make a session reservation
- Cinquez Park Dog Park
- F.I.N.D. Park.
- Indian Creek Park
- Jupiter Community Park
- Jupiter Village Park
- Lighthouse Park
- Maplewood Park (no restrooms)
- North Palm Beach Heights Park
- Sawfish Bay Park (no restrooms)
- Volleyball courts at Jupiter Community Park, Indian Creek Park and Heights Park are open.
- Restrooms at all open parks will reopen on Tuesday, May 19, 2020.
- Fish cleaning stations limited to one (1) person per station at a time. Proper cleaning and sanitation processes should always be practiced.
- Physical distancing at a minimum of ten (10) feet between fishermen must be followed.
The following parks will remain closed until further notice: The decision to keep some parks closed is based on the amenities available at each park.
- Daily Park
- Eastview Manor
- Ofc. Bruce St. Laurent Park
- Old Town Hall Park
Restriction on recreational activities in Town parks:
- All playgrounds, play and exercise equipment shall remain closed.
- Pavilions and picnic facilities shall remain closed.
- Use of water fountains is prohibited.
- Basketball courts shall be open for individual practice only. Only three (3) players per half court are allowed. Competitive team games are prohibited. Each player must bring his/her own basketball and there shall be no shared use of equipment.
- Tennis and Pickleball courts are open for singles play only; no congregating on courts or sidelines.
- Racquetball courts shall be open got individual practice only. Competitive games are prohibited.
- Field sports are prohibited.
- Batting cages remain closed.
- Recreational programming, organized sports or activities are prohibited.
- Congregating in groups of 10 or more persons is prohibited.
- Use of shared sports equipment is prohibited.
- Natural areas, trails, jogging paths (one-way, unidirectional) are only open for walking, running, strolling and biking.
Please continue to monitor federal, state and local orders and guidelines for further information. This information supersedes any other park information related to the COVID-19 pandemic.