Limited Activities Resuming
As the Jupiter Community Center gears back up for Senior programs, the Recreation Department is committed to continue to offer safe, quality activities. We have developed safety protocols for our programs which include required pre-registration for all Senior activities, increased cleaning and sanitization of the facility, reduced capacity for activities, increased social distancing during activities, and reduced use of shared equipment. The Recreation Department continues to monitor local, state and national guidelines pertaining to COVID-19 in an effort to implement the most current recommendations and requirements.
As you consider your return to the Community Center, please keep in mind these friendly reminders when visiting:
- Registration for the programs listed in the left-hand blue column begins December 14, 2020.
- You must pre-register for all activities. Registration can be completed online at www.jupiter.fl.us/Recreation or in person at the Jupiter Community Center.
- Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth. Per Palm Beach County Emergency Order #2020-029, facial coverings or masks are required to be worn at ALL times while inside municipal governmental buildings, including the Community Center. This includes entering, exiting and traversing through the facility, visiting the front desk, waiting for a program to begin and socializing between activities. Facial coverings may ONLY be removed while participating in a strenuous physical activity (exercise).
- Stay 6 feet apart. Visitors are asked to maintain a social distance of at least 6ft between one another whenever possible.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash your hands or use sanitizer before and after activities and sharing equipment. Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the Community Center for easy access.
- Avoid physical contact, such as shaking hands, high fives, fist bumps, hugging, etc.