Youth Summer Day Camp 2022
2022 Lottery has ended.
The 2022 Youth Summer Day Camp is the place for exciting adventures and a summer of memories!
Jupiter Recreation takes great pride in offering quality camp programs and activities. The goal of our camp program is to provide a positive summer experience for children that is safe, fun and rewarding for all. Our mission is to recruit dedicated and enthusiastic counselors to ensure the best youth programs for the children of Jupiter. Safety and staffing continues to be the first priority for our camp program. Due to the ongoing challenges of recruitment and hiring of qualified staff, the overall capacity of the 2022 Day Camp will be dictated by the number of employees we are able to hire.
Youth Day Camp Ages
*Campers must turn 5 years old but may not turn 13 years old prior to the start of camp. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Youth Camp Dates (2 Sessions)Session 1: Monday, June 6th-Friday, July 1st (No Camp Monday, June 20th)
Session 2: Tuesday, July 5th- Friday, July 29th (No Camp Monday, July 4th)
Youth Day Camp Hours
Youth Day Camp Fee
Single Session: $760
Both Sessions: $1460
Payment plan available, see Lottery & Registration tab.
Fee includes minimum 15:1 child to counselor ratio; 5 camp t-shirts; 1 swim shirt; field trip fees and transportation. *Fees do not include lunch or snacks.
Lottery Registration Dates are Tuesday, March 29th -Thursday, March 31st
- Lottery Registration will be conducted online.
- Due to a reduced overall camp capacity, the 2022 Summer Youth Day Camp lottery will be limited to Incorporated Jupiter Residents ONLY. If a Non-Resident applies for the camp lottery, their household will be removed from the drawing.
- The lottery registration link will be available during the lottery registration dates of March 29-31. Lottery registration begins Tuesday, March 29, 2022
LOTTERY SELECTION & NOTIFICATON
Each family will be assigned their designated lottery number in the order their entry is received. Following the lottery registration closing, Recreation staff will utilize a random number generator to determine the order of space assignment by family. Recreation staff will then assign age groups and sessions until all spaces are full and a waiting list has been created if needed.
On Friday, April 8th parents will be contacted via email if their child was assigned a space in camp. Once a parent has been contacted that their child has been reserved a space, they will have 4 days (Monday, April 11th-Thursday, April 14th) to come in person to the Jupiter Community Center to present their proof of residency, child’s birth certificate (if applicable) and pay the deposit for their space. Failure to provide required documents and make payment within the designated dates will result in loss of space.
PROOF OF RESIDENCY REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
The following must be shown and at the time of your in-person registration following lottery notification. Registration will not be permitted if missing any requested documentation below. (No exceptions, even if child has attended previous Town of Jupiter camp):
- Birth certificate (or copy) for all NEW children registering for camp.
- Driver’s License with current incorporated Town of Jupiter address; if you have recently relocated to incorporated Jupiter, you must have a driver’s license with your new address.
AND ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A 2022 water, cable, land-line phone or power bill, property tax form or current rental contract that matches NAME and ADDRESS on driver’s license
DEPOSIT & PAYMENT PLAN
- Full payment or the payment plan option is required at the time of registration.
- Payments may be made by credit card (Visa, MC, AmEx), check or cash.
- Payment Plan Option- $200 deposit/child will be due at the time of registration. Final payments will be due by Saturday, May 21st. Failure to comply may result in a loss of space.
If a child is not selected during the initial lottery, a waitlist will be created. Following the lottery and notification of placement, Recreation staff will continue through the waiting list if spaces become available. Availability of additional spaces will be determined by the number of qualified employees the Town is able to hire for the 2022 Day Camp.
If the lottery applicants have been exhausted and it is deemed that spaces are still available, Recreation staff will make an announcement via the Town website and social media pages regarding the re-opening of registration.
A $50 per child non-refundable administrative fee will apply to any refunds requested prior to the start of camp. Once camp has started, a $50 per child non-refundable administrative fee will be applied as well as a prorated refund through the first week of the session. No refunds will be granted after the first week the session.
YOUTH CAMP GROUP PLACEMENT
2022 Age Groups:
- 5-6 year olds
- 7-8 year olds
- 9-10 year olds
- 11-12 year olds
Children are not permitted to move up an age group unless their birthday falls between June 6 - September 1 (PBCSD enrollment cut-off date) and their change in age would fall into the next age group (No exceptions).
The Youth Summer Day Camp will be based at the Jupiter Community Center. Our facility includes 2 gymnasiums, multiple classrooms, a game room, an auditorium, and a playground. On Site Activities may include:
- Theme Weeks
- Dress up Days
- Arts & Crafts
- Gym Games
- Board Games
- Game Room
- Playground and Outside Play
OFF SITE ACTIVITIES
The Youth Day Camp will travel off site on field trips up to 3 days per week on school buses and charter buses. Field trips may include the pool, parks and playgrounds, bowling, skating, movie theaters, water parks, mini golf, trampoline parks, arcades, zoos, museums and more. Campers are expected to participate in all scheduled activities including field trips. A weekly detailed schedule will be available prior to the start of camp indicating the trip or activity.