Current Announcements and Notices
On Thursday, August 8, 2019, the Jupiter Town Council will consider a resolution during its regular meeting for an adjustment to the monthly fees charged for stormwater services. The proposed adjustment is intended to do the following:
- ensure safe, reliable service while promoting environmental responsibility;
- maintain rates for service consistent with the cost of service;
- provide financial stability and long-term rate competitiveness while reducing the potential for future large, one-time rate hikes;
- limit the overall financial risk of the utility from market changes like increased regulation;
- support the sustainability of the utility's financial plan including funding for renewal and replacement of aging assets; and
- help maintain the utility's favorable credit rating while minimizing future indebtedness.
Fertilizer Ban Ordinance Takes Effect January 1:
Beginning January 1, 2019, the use of fertilizers during Jupiter’s rainy season, which runs from June 1 through September 30, is prohibited in the Town of Jupiter. Landscape and lawn care businesses that operate in Jupiter should take note of the ban, as well as residents who maintain their own lawns. For additional information and resources, please see our webpage.
Some Town of Jupiter Utilities customers may be receiving calls from a company offering to test their water and suggesting that they purchase expensive water filtration systems to address water quality issues. These companies are not associated with the Town of Jupiter Utilities, and may be operating under the name of Environmental Quality Assurance. In some cases, they may provide inaccurate information to customers on the quality of their water, so the Town of Jupiter Utilities would like to caution customers on these claims.
Town of Jupiter Utilities customers are provided with water that meets or exceeds all federal and state requirements. Water quality is regularly monitored for contaminants according to Federal and State laws, rules and regulations. The utility has no violations, and over the years has won many awards. Each year the annual Water Quality Report is published, and can be found on our website Opens a New Window. . This report is updated each May, and customers receive a copy in their utility bills or can view the report online. To learn more about the quality of your water, please contact one of our Water Quality Specialists: Rebecca Wilder at 561-741-2635 or Gary Schulze at 561-741-2609.
Bluegreen Algae: Information for Jupiter
Read this fact sheet to understand a bit more about the blue-green algae situation and its relevance to the Jupiter area.