Junior Police Academy
The Junior Police Academy is a one-week summer program designed for children (ages 9-12). Through classroom discussions, student activities and cadet handouts, the students will develop a deeper appreciation of law enforcement, while opening the door to better communication between officers and students.
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Junior Police Officers report to the Jupiter Police Department at 196 Military Trail.
This is a one week program to:
- Expose kids to the operations of the Jupiter Police Department, meet and get to know the people behind the Badge.
- Tour the Police facility
- Learn K-9 behavior and see a demonstration
- Policing and the inner workings of the Jupiter Police Department
- S.W.A.T. and Taser
- Crime Scene Investigations
- Accident, D.U.I. investigations
- Use of traffic RADAR and LASER
- Underwater Recovery Team
- Beach Patrol
- Marine Unit
There is no cost to participate!
If you are interested in attending, or if you require further information, please call 561-746-6201.