Business Tax Receipt Requirements by Category
Business Registration/Renewal Process
All Business Tax Registrations are applied for and processed online through the Jupiter Community Development System (JCDS) portal. Through the JCDS, you are able to review your existing business license(s), and renew your business license(s) online.
To apply for a Business Tax Receipt, new businesses and licensees must create an account through JCDS, please utilize the guides to help along the way. You will be able to upload your required documents within the application software.
Required Documents (Updated 6/21/2017)
Out of Town Contractors
Provide Building Department with general liability, workmen's comp and certifications with permit application.
- Articles of Incorporation and/or Fictitious Name Registration
- Commercial locations will require a Fire Rescue inspection. Contact 561-233-0050 to schedule your Business Registration inspection.
- Food Service will need a grease trap inspection from the Loxahatchee River District (LRD) 561-747-5700 Ex.110
- If applicable, copy of Non-Profit Paperwork
- If applicable, copy of State License or Certificate of Competency
- Copy of Drivers License
State Licensed Professional
- Copy of applicant's drivers license
- State License and/or Certificate of Competency
Out of Town Business (This does not include Out of Town Contractors)
- Current copy of local County Business Tax Receipt
- Copy of applicants driver's license
- Copy of State license and/or Certificate of Competency