NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
TO ALL PARTIES IN INTEREST AND TO ALL WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
Please take notice that Public Hearings on the items listed below are scheduled to be held in the Council Chambers of the Municipal Complex, 210 Military Trail, Jupiter, Florida at 7:00 PM on:
August 8, 2023 Local Planning Agency (aka Planning and Zoning Commission)
September 19, 2023 Town Council Hearing (1st reading)
December 19, 2023 Town Council Hearing (2nd reading) – tentative date
Evaluation and Appraisal Report (EAR) based Comprehensive Plan Text Amendments – To modify the Future Land Use, Transportation, Housing, Conservation, Coastal Management, Recreation and Open Space, Infrastructure, and Capital Improvements elements related to incorporating statutorily required changes and additional changes that include the following major items:
- Modify an objective and policy related to compatibility of land uses to clarify that appropriate transitions requirements between residential and nonresidential uses.
- Remove policy to adopt a new mixed use zoning district.
- Amend date for requiring developments near public transit stations to support transit use to correspond with area master planning efforts.
- Modify transportation level of service evaluation and coordination to an ongoing basis.
- Update Water Master Plan and Water Supply Facilities Work Plans to latest dates.
- Remove the requirement to incorporate public facilities concurrency criteria into the land development regulations.
- Update the drainage facilities level of service standard to eliminate an outdated reference and reference the latest Stormwater Master Plan Update.
- Modify policies to maintain the Town’s Florida Green Building Silver Certification, adopt a Sustainability Plan, and conduct a Vulnerability Assessment.
- Add the original name of the historic Jupiter Presbyterian Church.
- Add a new objective and policy to implement Vision Zero to improve traffic safety and reduce of traffic fatalities.
- Modify Recreation level of service standards to change the roller hockey standard and add a pickleball standard.
- Modifications to require a minimum of four of five Town Council members to vote to amend a property’s future land use or zoning designation from conservation or recreation to another use, or to dissolve a conservation or recreation protection easement, declaration of covenant, or other legal instrument granted to the Town.
- Add policies stating that conservation, preservation, and recreation land use areas or easements of 10 acres or greater required pursuant to development orders shall be identified and designated with an appropriate conservation or recreation designation.
- Modify the Workforce Housing Program policy to clarify allocation of the eligible income household categories.
- Update the non-residential linkage fee policy to reflect that linkage fees were established in 2015 and will be revaluated as part of the EAR process.
- Emphasize the protection of water bodies, submerged lands/habitat, and living shorelines in several policies within the Conservation and Coastal elements.
*Titles maybe subject to revisions prior to approval.
At such times and place the Local Planning Agency (aka: Planning and Zoning Commission) and the Town Council are scheduled to hear all evidence and arguments in support or in opposition to this item. Anyone desiring to appeal a decision of the presiding body on matters considered at this meeting or hearing will need a record of the proceedings. They may need to ensure that a verbatim record is made, including the testimony and evidence on which the appeal is based. The Town of Jupiter does not provide such a record.
Please check the Planning and Zoning Commission agenda and the Town Council agenda to verify the hearing dates. These agendas are typically posted with supporting documentation on the Town of Jupiter website a week before the meeting. They can be found in the left side menu under Agendas & Minutes at www.jupiter.fl.us.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Schneider, Planning and Zoning Department at (561) 741-2290.
Vernisa Ayers, Secretary Teri Grooms, Chair
Planning and Zoning Department Planning and Zoning Commission
Posted on www.jupiter.fl.us website: July 21, 2023