Historic 1913 Aicher House SavedOn March 16, 2017 the Town saved a 1913 historic house that originally built by Jupiter pioneer Harry Aicher when he was a teenager. The house was located across the street from Old Town Hall Park on Florida Avenue. The previous owner of the house, Dana Anderson, agreed to donate it to the Town. The Town temporarily moved the historic house across the street to the Park while considering a permanent location. On April 7, 2018 the Town relocated the house to Sawfish Bay Park, where it will be interpreted in conjunction with the 1915 FEC Train Depot Museum. Look for upcoming improvements such as a new deck and sidewalks around the house, paint and upgrades to prepare the house in anticipation of hurricane season.
Historic Facts about the 1913 historic house:
- It was built on property owned by Dr. Ferdinand Constantine Aicher, who owned all of the area around Town Hall Park.
- Constantine Aicher was married to Ella May Carlin, the third child of Charles and Mary Carlin (Carlin House and Jupiter Life Saving Station). Constantine was employed by William Sperry for the Sperry House from 1904 to 1909.
- Harry Aicher (a Town Councilor from 1928-1930) married Alma Blount (aka Alma B. Holden) in 1925, and ran the Aicher Store in “West Jupiter” and was the Jupiter postmaster from 1934-1953.
- The house remained in the family by Alma B. Holden (previously Alma Aicher) until 1983.