- There are no alerts at this time.
- Follow the Town on Facebook (@TownofJupiter), Twitter (@townofjupiter), Instagram (@townofjupiterfl) or find us on Nextdoor by searching for Town of Jupiter. Sign up for email notifications at www.jupiter.fl.us/NotifyMe.
- Visit the Town’s storm information webpage at www.jupiter.fl.us/Storm.
- Download the JupConnect app on your Apple or Android device. Not only does the app allow you to receive important updates from the Town, but also allows you to easily report flooding, downed trees or other storm damage.
As a reminder, with the approaching storm, residents should not perform any tree trimming or vegetation projects this week. Any commercial businesses that perform tree trimming should remove and dispose of trimmings. Additionally, all swales should be kept free of debris to reduce the potential impacts of flooding on a property. For more information about preparing for potential impacts of a storm, please visit www.jupiter.fl.us/376/Before-During-After-a-Storm.
Hurricane season begins June First. Floridians, preparing for hurricane season becomes a way of life, and Jupiter residents should always err on the side of caution by anticipating an active hurricane season. This includes making preparations for tropical depressions and storms, and hurricanes that may not directly hit our area, but may still impact our weather. A storm that doesn’t make direct landfall can still cause local erosion, flooding, wind damage, and possible tornadoes.
Active Alerts: During an active storm threat, the latest alerts and information will be posted above chronologically under 'current storm information.'
Jupiter Hurricane & Flood Guide
Palm Beach County North Area Shelters (Jupiter to Palm Beach Gardens)
- Independence Middle School: 4001 Greenway Drive, Jupiter
- Palm Beach Gardens High School: 4245 Holly Drive, Palm Beach Gardens
- Pet-friendly shelters are designated on an as-needed basis. Both pet-friendly and special needs shelters can be found online at www.pbcgov.org/knowurzone
For Shelter Information, Contact:
- Division of Emergency Management (561) 712-6400
- American Red Cross (561) 833-7711
Post-Storm Information Updates
If a storm disrupts the Town's ability to provide updates by phone, television and website, important information bulletins will be posted daily at 25 locations.
Local Jupiter Info: Stay Informed
Resident Info Line561-743-7013
Follow us on Facebook:@TownofJupiter
Follow us on Twitter:
|Join us on Nextdoor: |
Find updates and information
from the Town.
Jupiter Area Hurricane Evacuation Zone
To view a map and to look up your zone by your address, visit www.pbcgov.org/knowurzone
Watches, Warnings & Local Communication
Palm Beach County has a community notification system to alert its cities and towns of hurricanes and floods. This system uses TV Channels 5, 12, 25, 29 (Comcast channels 03, 09, 10 and 11) and all radio stations. During major storms, as conditions permit, the town is patrolled by police officers, stormwater, public works, water utilities and other staff to identify safety hazards and areas of flooding. In the event winds reach 45 mph, public safety personnel (including police and fire rescue) will not patrol. If you need assistance, always call 911 for emergencies, and for non-emergency assistance from police or fire rescue, call (561) 799-4445.
Drawbridges over our local waterways will typically be locked in a down position when a hurricane watch is issued. The Town recommends that any boat owners who require drawbridges to be raised to move underneath need to move their boats to other locations immediately.
View more information on preparing your boat for a hurricane.
|The links below will help with information regarding an upcoming or current storm.|