Terms and Residency Requirements
Town Council Members and the Mayor are elected for a three year term. Two Council Members must reside in the First District and two Council Members must reside in the Second District. The Mayor may reside in either District. All candidates are elected by the voters of the Town at large. Every candidate for Council or Mayor must be a registered voter in the Town and must have resided in the Town for a six-month period preceding the election.
Candidates Please Remember: Do not collect or spend any money until you have filed an "DS-DE 9; Appointment of Campaign Treasurer" form with the Jupiter Town Clerk. (See online forms link below.)
Campaign Treasurer ReportsAt the June 21, 2022 Town Council Meeting, Ordinance 6-22 was adopted, requiring all Town election candidates to file their Campaign Treasurer Reports electronically. Please click view/log in to your account.
The Official Candidate Qualifying period for
Election Information Links:
- Candidate Campaign & Treasurer Handbook
- Florida Election Code
- Guide to the Sunshine Amendment
- Online Forms Link (contains)
- Statement of Candidate
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer - This form must be on file with the qualifying officer before opening the campaign account.
- Candidate Oath
- Campaign Treasurer's Report-Summary
- Campaign Treasurer's Report-Itemized Contributions
- Campaign Treasurer's Report-Itemized Expenditures
- Waiver of Report
- Statement of Financial Interest - Form 1
- Jupiter Campaign Sign Regulations
- No Political Signs on Town Hall Campus
- Social Media Campaign Guidelines
- Town Event Campaign Guidelines