- Feature Links
Accessibility Statement for the Town of Jupiter’s Website
The Town of Jupiter uses the Section 508 standards and WCAG 2.0, Level AA as guidelines for pages within our website.
We routinely test our website using Ally Managed Service, a web accessibility evaluation tool with audit compliance by AudioEye. The Town is actively engaged in the ongoing process of training our content editors and updating our website for compliance with the current accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Town of Jupiter takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of its Website:
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Town of Jupiter’s website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Town of Jupiter’s website. Please let us know if you encounter any accessibility barriers while on the Town’s website:
- Phone: 1 (561) 741-2544
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor address: 210 Military Trail, Jupiter FL, 33458
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Town of Jupiter’s Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Internet Explorer 9/10/11
- Chrome 63.x and higher
- Firefox 22.x and higher
- Safari 5.x and higher
The Town of Jupiter’s website is not compatible with:
- Web browsers older than 3 major versions
- Mobile operating systems older than 5 years
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF documents that appear on this website.
- To download this program for free, visit the Adobe website.
- To read PDF documents with a screen reader, please visit the Adobe Reader Accessibility website which provides useful tools and resources.
Supported Assistive Technology
- Latest Version of JAWS for Windows
- Latest Version of NVDA for Windows
- Latest Version of VoiceOver for Mac OS X
- Keyboard-Only Navigation
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Town of Jupiter’s website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the Town of Jupiter’s website:
Archived documents: Older documents may not work with current assistive technologies because they use outdated technologies that do not support accessibility. We may be able to convert older documents to new formats upon request. Please contact Nikki Carpenito at email@example.com for support.
The Town of Jupiter assess the accessibility of the Town of Jupiter’s website by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
- Through our partnership with AudioEye we strive to maintain the Town’s website meets current (W3C) Web Content Guidelines and Standards (WCAG) version 2.0 AA for web content accessibility.
- On-demand Town Council Meetings, CRA Meetings and Planning and Zoning meetings are closed captioned for the hearing impaired.
- Beginning December 2019, all new PDF documents posted to the Town’s website, will meet the (W3C) Web Content Guidelines and Standards (WCAG) version 2.0 AA for web content accessibility.
If you have a disability and the format of any material on our website interferes with your ability to access information on this site, please contact Nikki Carpenito at firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
To enable us to respond in a manner that will be of most help to you, please indicate:
- The nature of the accessibility need
- Your preferred format (electronic format, large print, etc.)
- The web address of the requested material
- Your full contact information, so we can reach you if questions arise while fulfilling your request
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2-3 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Town of Jupiter
ADA Coordinator & Senior Director, Internal Customer Service
Nikki Carpenito, MBA
Phone: (561) 745-1529