Documents & Reports
- Water Quality Report: Water quality reports are distributed by July 1 and results are for the previous year.
- Water Master Plan Update
- 10-Year Water Supply Facilities Work Plan-2019 Update
What Sets Us Apart
In 1990, Jupiter Utilities looked into the future. We studied anticipated growth, reviewed the impact of that growth on natural resources, and researched the most advanced water systems in the country to formulate a safer, more environmentally-friendly water utility. The result was the creation of a reverse osmosis (RO) program, which stands as one of the largest brackish water desalination programs in the United States today. The water plant is capable of producing over 70% of our current average daily supply by desalination. This allows us to maximize the preservation of fresh water for our local environment in times of prolonged drought.
The Town of Jupiter Utilities has recently implemented the nanofiltration treatment which has replaced the older conventional lime softening water treatment facility. Nanofiltration, like reverse osmosis, utilizes advanced membrane treatment technology to remove undesirable dissolved constituents from the groundwater. It is considered the ultimate barrier against virus and bacteria that can be found in raw water.
The nanofiltration process utilizes the fresh shallow aquifer as its supply. The reverse osmosis process utilizes brackish water from the deep Floridan Aquifer. Both RO and nanofiltration processes operate by forcing raw water under a high pressure through a semipermeable membrane that is capable of separating contaminants from the flow stream as a function of the membrane's chemical and physical properties.
Giving You Our Best
Did you know that residents of Jupiter have the best drinking water in the southeast United States? Jupiter Utilities has received many awards for water treatment excellence. A few of the most recent awards include:
- 2023 Utility of the Future Today Award by Water Environmental Federation
- 2022 Best tasting Drinking Water Award by Southeast Desalting Association Awards
- 2019 & 2020 Membrane Facility of the Year Award by American Membrane Technology Association
- 2013, 2016 & 2019 Plant Operations Excellence Award by Florida Department of Environmental Protection Awards
- 2009, 2010, and 2014 Outstanding Class "A" Water Treatment Plant Award by The Florida Section of the American Water Works Association
In fact, over the past three decades, your water utility has been honored by more than 50 awards for excellence in operations, treatment and drinking water.
Source Water Assessment & Protection Program (SWAPP)
In 2021, the Department of Environmental Protection preformed a Source Water Assessment on our system. The assessment was conducted to provide information about any potential sources of contamination in the vicinity of our wells. There are three potential sources of contamination identified for this system with high to low susceptibility levels. The assessment results are available on the FDEP Source Water Assessment and Protection Program website.