Documents & Reports
- Water Quality Report: Water quality reports are distributed by July 1 and results are for the previous year.
- Water Master Plan Update
- 10-Year Water Supply Facilities Work Plan-2019 Update
What Sets Us ApartIn 1990, Jupiter Utilities looked into the future. We studied anticipated growth, reviewed the impact of that growth on natural resources, and researched the most advanced water systems in the country to formulate a safer, more environmentally-friendly water utility. The result was the creation of a reverse osmosis (RO) program, which stands as one of the largest brackish water desalination programs in the United States today. The water plant is capable of producing over 70% of our current average daily supply by desalination. This allows us to maximize the preservation of fresh water for our local environment in times of prolonged drought.
The Town of Jupiter Utilities has recently implemented the nanofiltration treatment which has replaced the older conventional lime softening water treatment facility. Nanofiltration, like reverse osmosis, utilizes advanced membrane treatment technology to remove undesirable dissolved constituents from the groundwater. It is considered the ultimate barrier against virus and bacteria that can be found in raw water.
The nanofiltration process utilizes the fresh shallow aquifer as its supply. The reverse osmosis process utilizes brackish water from the deep Floridan Aquifer. Both RO and nanofiltration processes operate by forcing raw water under a high pressure through a semipermeable membrane that is capable of separating contaminants from the flow stream as a function of the membrane's chemical and physical properties.
Giving You Our Best
Did you know that residents of Jupiter have the best drinking water in the southeast United States? Jupiter Utilities has received many awards for water treatment excellence. A few of the most recent awards include:
- 2008 Safe Drinking Water Act Excellence Award for Large Ground Water Public Water Supply Utilities by The Environmental Protection Agency
- 2008 and 2009 Plant Operations Excellence Award by The Department of Environmental Protection
- 2008, 2009, and 2010 Outstanding Class "A" Water Treatment Plant Award by The Florida Section of the American Water Works Association